Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Free

You know how you have one of those days where you are trying to serve God and Satan comes along to remind you of your past. Everything you have done wrong, every mean thing you have done and said, every thought that has been through your mind, and he brings you to a level that you don't feel worthy to even be saved by Jesus, because your past is too dirty.

Well, I am having one of those days, where I want to serve God with all my being and everything is being thrown at me at once, It kinda reminds me of what my grandma told me, "Satan is only gonna attack you if he finds you a threat!"I have to remind myself of that, more then I should. But then I also come to a thought when these things do come, why do we hide, and treat grace as if it were cheap and that our sins shrinks it, when in all actuality it grows grace all that more, when we come into repentance. God had known already that we were going to commit that sin and He still sent His only Son to die on the cross.  So when we become believers in Christ, shouldn't we see that we our no longer in the bondage of sin, we are free! Free! Why aren't we acting like it and telling everyone we know that we are FREE!
Roman 8:1-4says, "Therefore, there is now NO condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit who gives life has set you FREE from the law of sin and death. For what the law was powerless to do because it was weakened by the flesh, God did by sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh to be a sin offering.And so he condemned sin in the flesh, in order that the righteous requirement of the law might be fully met in us, who do not live according to the flesh but according to the Spirit."

No comments:

Post a Comment