Thursday, March 8, 2012

Love



 Lately, I have been thinking if there is a soul mate (so you called it) for everyone. And then you wonder if there is, and then you wonder who and when and how? You bring all these questions to your mind. I know God has made us to be in community. I get in this mode of trying to rush through this world and then God reminds me to step back, take a breath and enjoy!  I catch myself sometimes want to find that special someone who will accepted me for me and I can have special moments with, laugh with, talk to, and will become my best friend. I hope the someday a meet that special man that will one day become my husband.

As a single person, society has made singleness a bad thing, that you need that other person to be completely fulfilled. But maybe singleness is not so bad, it less distractions, you can see clearer. You have more time on your hands.Shouldn't we take advantage of every stage of our lives? If you single, enjoy it! If your married, Enjoy it! If you are a brand new parent, enjoy it! Why is this world in such a rush all time?

1 Corinthians 7:32-35 says, "I want you to be free from anxieties. The unmarried man is anxious about the things of the Lord, how to please the Lord. But the married man is anxious about worldly things, how to please his wife, and his interests are divided. And the unmarried or betrothed woman is anxious about the things of the Lord, how to be holy in body and spirit. But the married woman is anxious about worldly things, how to please her husband. I say this for your own benefit, not to lay any restraint upon you, but to promote good order and to secure your undivided devotion to the Lord.?

 

 

I am just going to enjoy my singleness until that day when I meet that man! I am take this opportunity and have this personal relationship with Jesus and get as close as I can with Him, so when that day does come, I will be ready for my future husband. I don't want the worldly love, I want a love where God is the center of it because that's true love! I want love not lust! I know this may take longer then it could normally be, but I rather wait and have a relationship that lasts then to rush and have a relationship end short because we didn't wait! I don't want to based my relationship on feelings, I want to based it on God! I want to love the way that God has called me to love not the way the world loves.

What true love is!


No comments:

Post a Comment